Do you need help regarding USA immigration medical examination in Bangladesh? Health assessments for the immigrants travelling to the US are conducted by the International Organization for Migration (IOM) at the Migration Health Assessment Center (MHAC) Dhaka and Sylhet.
- Dr.Billal Hossein (Male, IOM Dhaka)
- Dr.Sonia Arifa (Female, IOM Dhaka)
- Dr.A.K.M.Musfiqur Rahman Faruq (Male, IOM Dhaka)
- Dr.Mohammad Jahangir Alam(Male, IOM Sylhet)
- Dr.Sadia Rahman(Female, IOM Sylhet)
Appointments and Information
Working hours: 08:30 – 17:00, Sunday through Thursday, except IOM holidays
Phone numbers: Dhaka: +88-01713481798, Sylhet: + 88-0177 776 1309
What to bring during the day of appointment:
- Appointment/Interview letter.
- Original passport along with photocopy of passport (1 set).
- 5 passport size photographs in the same format as for the US visa.
- Medical examination fee per person BDT 6800 and per child under 15 years BDT 2400.
- Vaccination record, if available. Vaccination is not included in the cost of medical examination, otherwise vaccination fee is required.
- Previous chest X-rays, if available.
- If you suffer or have suffered from any chronic condition or underwent major medical or surgical treatment, please bring medical records or hospital reports. Insufficient information may lead to delays and additional testing.
- Children 2—14 years old must visit the MHAC twice. On the day of the health assessment, they will have a Tuberculin Skin Test (TST), which will be read 48-72 hours (2-3 days) later. Alternatively, they may come 48-72 hours (2-3 days) before the examination for the TST. For this reason, children under 15 years should not come for TST on Wednesday.
- Children under 16 years must be accompanied by a parent or a legal guardian, who can sign and take decisions on their behalf.
- If the panel suspects or CXR findings suggest Tuberculosis, the applicant will have to produce sputum for 3 consecutive mornings in empty stomach, no additional charge will be applicable. If diagnose with Tuberculosis, the applicant will have to take treatment, details of which can be obtained from panel physician.
Advice regarding the health assessment
- Do not conceal medical conditions. Deliberate attempts to hide them will be reported to the embassy.
- Do not conceal pregnancy. Pregnancy will not affect your immigration prospects, however, some immunizations are contradicted during pregnancy and could harm your baby.
- Note that your whole body will be examined. Please maintain proper hygiene.
- Postpone or re-schedule your appointment if you or your child is acutely ill with a high fever or rash.
- If you use glasses or contact lens, please bring them to the health assessment.
Your Medical report
The result of the examination will be forwarded directly by the panel physician in a sealed envelope to the American embassy Dhaka prior to interview date